DSF has many recurring volunteer opportunities:
- 10 teams cook once a month at Ronald McDonald House Dallas. They plan, purchase, prepare, and serve meals for 50-80 people at each service.
- 5 teams prepare meals that are delivered to the Hope’s Door shelter once a month.
- DSF members prepare and deliver meals to the young women at Ebby House every Thursday.
- 2 DSF teams prepare and serve a meal once a month to clients and families who come in for counseling at The Family Place.
- A DSF team goes to the Family Place Resale Shop once a month. This group helps stock, create attractive displays, or work the cash register.
- 3 times a month a group goes to Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center and serves a meal to those coming for counseling.
- Our “Bingo Babes” provide snacks and play bingo with the residents of the Juliette Fowler communities once a month.
- Network’s Mobile Food Pantry provides another opportunity for DSF women to volunteer once a month to help get food to those in need.
In addition to our recurring activities DSF provides a myriad of other services to our agencies.
- We help many of our agencies with their fundraisers by stuffing envelopes, registering guests or serving as greeters.
- We provide Welcome Bags for Hope’s Door clients, Birthday Bags for DCAC families, and pack back-packs for Network.
- We provide 20-30 volunteers every year to help Dallas Children’s Advocacy Center with their Crimes Against Children Conference.
- Network counts on DSF to supply the workers for their Toyland Express, Tuesdays in November and December.
- DSF provides 3 shifts of volunteer workers for the Ronald McDonald House big fundraiser, The Trains at NorthPark.
- DSF is always willing to help our service agencies with whatever needs they have throughout the year.
A month of DSF volunteering
Regularly recurring volunteering opportunities